sorry, my mistake


hello, all. this is the latest vid. description: what if all the cut sequences from a project became a project in themselves? all the blocked lenses, blowouts, flares, unwanted things in-shot are here the main course, a whole video experience of mistakes in the woods. no dialogue, no plot, no big message. just a bit of experience. captions are image & sound descriptions.

deliberately pushing the line between boredom & wonder, in a sort of cagean way. 

hope the embed link works.

Comments

  1. LOVE it. And the video works great. Do you know this project: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decasia . . . and I also thought about Guy Maddin . . . and how my students and I, when we were discussing Theories of Perf, came up with idea about creating art in which someone can breathe/relax. I mean: I'm always a little bit drawn to what we might think of as stoner art, but I'm trying for something more capacious I think in this concept. Your video is it, I think. Let us begin the Symposium on Breathing Art. That's not a good name. I don't know. Something. It's for relaxing and thinking TO/IN. Right? Like turning on a movie you love on silent while you write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dunno, i like the name. but i think there are also infinite names. i didn't know you had that discussion around THEORIES, which is just so incredibly powerfully what i hoped people would want to do from-with that book. thank you for telling me that! i would love to have a symposium on breathing art. still recovering from this weekend, so my brain is still buttoned awry, but i am interested in making something happen in this way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment