from Mark Gunter: "[I dreamt that you wrote a poem with the word lamprey in it]"

I dreamt that you wrote a poem with the word lamprey in it.  

I don’t know if you ever wrote a poem with the word lamprey in it. 

Maybe now you will write a poem with the word lamprey in it.


“an 


eel-like aquatic jawless 


vertebrate that has a 




sucker mouth…” 


In the minutes after awakening I thought the word contained in the poem I dreamt you wrote was lambent.

The word contained in the poem I dreamt you wrote was not lambent.

Maybe now you will write a poem that contains the word lambent.


glowing, 



gleaming, or       flickering 


with a 




soft radiance…”


Now that I am fully awake I see that perhaps lament is the word I wanted you to write in the poem I dreamt you wrote.

Now that I am awake I see that perhaps lament is the word you wrote in the poem I dreamt you wrote.

Maybe now lament is the word you will write in the poem you will write.


“a 


passionate expression of 


grief 




or sorrow…”






Comments

  1. i am pretty sure i have written at least one poem with the word "lamprey" in it. i'm fascinated by them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment